We love cover letters. The best of them are like flash fiction, expressing a story of their own, and making us excited to see the submission they introduce.
In fact we like them so much we’ve decided to hold our first Orca Cover Letter Contest. In 300 words or less, introduce yourself, and/or your submission (real or imagined). Make us laugh, make us cry, make us wish there was a story attached for us to read.
- Up to 300 words. Can be about the story submitted (real or imaginary), or about the writer, or both.
- Contest will be open May 13 through August 31.
- You may enter as many times as you like, but only one cover letter per entry.
- Entries must be previously unpublished. Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but entries must be withdrawn if accepted elsewhere.
- Entry fee: $5
- First place: $200. Second place: $75. Third place: $50
- Winners will be announced in September. Winners and honorable mentions will be published in Orca’s second issue in October, 2019
- The Orca staff will judge.